Thursday, December 6, 2018

Project WWWT Day 48 of 72 - Salzburg/Munich, Germany 01

4th July 2017

Are we tired yet? To be honest, its quite a mixed reaction because we are travelling with children. If I really must give an answer, I'd say that I am NOT tired of travelling but I am tired of not having enough time to explore a given location that we have decided to include in our #WWWT itinerary. Today, we will be departing Salzburg and heading to Munich via a train. We bought a ticket that allow us the flexibility of travelling provided that our trip must start before 6PM of the day. 



We took our time to pack up. Our luggage seemed heavier during check-out, perhaps we felt heavy hearted or perhaps... just perhaps... we have packed quite a bit of stuffs here in Salzburg. After leaving our luggages at the concierge, we headed back to Linzer Gasse to have lunch and taking in some last sight and last minute shopping before we leave. We found a nice little haunt for our brunch - Ludwig (Das Burger Restaurant) (http://www.ludwig-burger.at/salzburg). This place is tastefully done up and best of all, it has children friendly features i.e. play pen and toys! My boys loved it here and so do we. We ordered a cold cut and cheese platter and a smoked salmon sald. The portion is amazing and the food tasted wonderful. We also ordered their coffee and hung out here for quite awhile before we leave to check out the shops along Linzer Gasse. 



Some of the shops that we visited are the Rimowa luggage shop, the many antiques shop and the souvenir shop. My wife told me that she saw a shop selling watches and mentioned that she saw something she liked but didn't make a purchase. She wanted me to check out a watch in the shop but when we reached there, the shop is closed but the owner left his Whatsapp number. I called and the owner said that he will be back in 15 minutes. So we waited for him. We ended up purchasing an antique watch from him. It costs us EUR800. Well, I know what you are thinking. You think we have been cheated. Perhaps you are right but since we have already purchased it, the only way to find out is to get it certified by a professional, right? My wife is very predictable when it comes to cognitive dissonance after any material purchase. She would ask me questions similar to the following:

1) You think the purchase is worth it?
2) Do you think we should have purchase the item?
3) Do you think it is a good deal/price? 
4) We should ask for more discount, right?
5) What if the item is fake?

I would of course have to play the after sales service person and manage these cognitive dissonance. Anyway, I did not get the watch certified by a professional because I reckon that the value of the watch is only as good as the money a person is willing to part with. Even if I did got it certified, I will not let me wife know if the watch is proven to be a fake. It will just cause more problem for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment