Saturday, June 10, 2017

Project WWWT Day 16 of 72 - London, United Kingdom

3rd June 2017

Today is a full day for us. We visited Hyde Park, Natural History Museum of London and another extra place for the ladies, shopping at The Harrods. Hyde Park is huge! It looked so small in the map but when we are there it just seemed endless. Anyway, I would say I had a good time walking but I may not be able to say the same for the rest of the party.





The Natural History Museum admission is free unless you are interested in the temporary exhibition. We didn't. The permanent displays themselves are enough to keep us interested. The geologic section kept my wife, SIL and MIL happy while the Dinosaurs and BUGS exhibition kept my boys happy. As for me, both of those kept me happy but the central display room for mammals got me excited. Although Dippy the skeleton of a Diplodocus has been removed for a 3 year tour round The UK, they put up several whales for display viz Sperm Whale and Humpback Whale. There are also Narwhals and Dugong's skeleton.







The museum closes at 1730hour but the day is still young. I brought the children back to the hotel to have a swimming pool session while the ladies hit the Harrods.

Read more:

Project WWWT Day 18 of 72 - London, United Kingdom
Project WWWT Day 17 of 72 - London, United Kingdom
Project WWWT Day 15 of 72- London, United Kingdom
Project WWWT Day 14 of 72 - London, United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment