Monday, June 12, 2017

Project WWWT Day 18 of 72 - London, United Kingdom

5th June 2017

I had always loved animals since I was a child and I am trying to instill the same to my boys. I brought Naaman to Antwerp Zoo when he was a little shy of one year old... or rather, I wanted to go and I made him accompany me.


Although ZSL London Zoo is not the oldest zoo in existence, it is the oldest scientific zoo in the world (The oldest zoo title belonged to the Schonbrunn Zoo or Vienna Zoo which was started as a royal menagerie in the 1752). The zoo is located to the north of the British Museum. Security is apparent after the terrorist attack and the zoo was almost... empty? I had a good time and I think my boys had a good time too.







There is a playground within the zoo and it gives the boys extra happy boost.



What is a zoo without its souvenier shop. The ZSL's souvenier shop is located right before the zoo exit. There is a beautiful floral art in the souvenier shop that resembles a lion, which reminded me of the art style of a dear blogger's (Daily Obsession - Unfortunately, she no longer blogs anymore) daughter. 


While the ZSL London Zoo is a pleasant outing for me, I'd say the Singapore Zoo still has an edge in terms of the way the zoo designed the animal enclosures to resembles their natural habitat to the best that is possible.

The remaining photos of the day that I'd like to share is as shown below.









No comments:

Post a Comment