Sunday, June 11, 2017

Project WWWT Day 17 of 72 - London, United Kingdom

4th June 2017

Following the terror attack on the London Bridge and immediate vicinity of Borough Market, tourists is visibly avoiding crowded and popular places while flocking to less likely target site such as parks. We start our day as per normal although you can see the news reporting about the terror attach over and over again, almost similar to the 9/11 reporting. 

After my early breakfast, I ventured out to explore Hyde Park, all the way through to Kensington Garden on my own. The park is beautiful. I can only imagine for now how beautiful it will be during autumn (My favourite season!). The weather was kind with me that morning and I managed to get some saphire blue sky and beautiful clouds.




Although it was never my intention to avoid popular attraction, it is best to be vigilant. Since I had recced Kensington Park, that it was part of my itinerary to have the family had high tea at the Orangery Restaurant, and I have promised my son that I will bring him to a very interesting play ground (Princess Diana Memorial Playground), we visited this beautiful garden and everyone is satisfied with this location. Although we didn't have high tea at the Orangery or high tea at all (We need to do this!) due to the restaurant's policy of one high tea set per pax at £28.00, the beautiful landscape of the garden feeds our soul equally well. 



The children was a little restless because they were promised the playground and they kept begging (begging is a nice word) to go on a ride at a temporary merry-go-round. Naaman chose the Lego truck while Eden chose the Minion jeep. Eden was having a fairly good time but he got spooked at around 3rd round and started crying. He was at full scream mode when it reached 5th round so the operator had to stop the ride and have him removed. At the Princess Diana Memorial Playground, both the boys had an awesome great time. Travelling family, this place is a must go if your child is aged 3 years and above. My wife quipped that the boys get to play like a prince for a couple of hours.





After the playground, I brought the party to Burgers & Lobsters for dinner. The party was all thumbs up for this place and my wife even convinced the whole party to re-visit this place two days later. We visited the Bond Street outlet at 26 Binney Street and we could walk back to Mayfair from there. Good exercise after the high cholesterol food.




The rest of the day's photo shown below.














Read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment