Sunday, May 21, 2017

Project WWWT Day 1 of 72 - Lisse, The Netherlands

19 May 2017

Welcome to the start of our 72 Days Project WWWT! We are hopeful there will be many such adventure in the future but if it does not happen, we are contented and gave thanks to Jesus Christ that we managed to pull it off by His grace.


Singapore to Amsterdam via Singapore Airlines. Redeemed a one way economy ticket via KRISFLYER. Accumulated the points for more than 2 years. Ask me how I do it!

The flight journey has been a tiring one because:

1) Eden couldn't sleep well, which translate to yours truly not getting adequate sleep; and
2) The boy seated beside me was sleeping on his father's lap and was kicking me in his sleep throughout the night and this woke me up umpteen times. No, I didn't wake the father up and confront him about this because I am a father too.

What a small world it is, one of my old friend, JW (friend of more than 25 years) was on the same flight as I am and we are seated 3 rows apart. Didn't get to speak much as my hands, eyes and ears are  all occupied by my two boys.

The drive to Lisse from Schiphol Airport is short i.e. lesser than 20 minutes. I managed to navigate the left side driving quite well, if I would say so myself.p





Lisse is beautiful even without the tulips... actually the tulips are 99.9% gone so we could only hope to see them in Keukenhof or make another trip next time in the month of April. What a bummer.

Spent most of the day driving around, resting in the room and explore Heereweg. The houses here are really beautiful but it is expensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment