Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Business trip to Jakarta

Its been long since I last posted anything work-related since there's nothing interesting to post about work anyway, aye? This time is slightly different though as something uncommon happened during the flight from Singapore to Jakarta and I will show you why...


Not sure what it is? Notice those dangling thingy?



While taking a nap while on the flight, the overhead compartment burst open and an announcement was made. It said something like "This is a case of emergency, please do not panic. The plane is experiencing low air pressure. Please use the mask and breath normally". Geez, what emergency can there be? Are we all going to die? Well everyone just complied anyway since there is nothing else we could do. Its my first time using these masks and I am sure not many people have tried it. The mask that I am using sort of vibrate when I exhale but does nothing when I inhale... Not sure why it was so but I can't help looking around to see whether my mask is not working or others' are just the same? OK OK, I am afraid to die so shoot me. After 5 minutes or so, the pilot made another announcement, "Dear ladies and gentlemen, boys & girls, it has come to my knowledge that the overhead compartment has been automatically deployed. We apologize that it is on auto mode and rest assured that everything is normal. I repeat, everything is normal" Phew, what a scare! But on a brighter side, I get to experience something new :p.

**Note: Although these photos are not as good, please respect the ownership of these photos by seeking permission by emailing me if you would like to use/ republish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment