Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A case of mistaken identity or Sabotage?

Just to keep those of you who are reading this blog updated, I am selling my HDB housing at Serangoon North and will be moving to Potong Pasir comes November 2010 (Just in time for a pre-Christmas house warming). Truly excited about this new place as it is nearer to the MRT (800m), bigger and comes complete with full marble flooring. The best thing about this new unit however, is that I will be able to have a bigger master-bedroom with attached study room, a walk-in wardrobe and twin sharing basin.

Well, to stay relevant to the topic, my front gate was splashed with black paint on Sunday morning. Yes... paint splashed by Loan Sharks (LS) or what the locals here call Ah Long. Why am I questioning whether it being a case of mistaken identity or sabotage? The circumstantial evidence gave me the reason to be suspicious. To provide all of you some information that I have gathered via a CSI investigation, please see the info below:


1 - Ms X is my middle-aged neighbor sharing the other side of the staircase
2 - Ms X is a typical Singapore Ah Lian i.e. uncultured (She's Malaysian by descent though)
3 - Ms X is selling her HDB unit
4 - Ms X asked me what is the valuation of my unit earlier on
5 - Ms X is having an open house viewing on that fateful Sunday itself
6 - The LS scribbled all over that unit 379 owed them money (O$P$) and MY unit is 383
7 - Unit 379 does not have paints on their door, in fact, nothing happened to them
8 - Unit 379 is occupied by Mr & Mrs L, a decent retired teacher & his wife a retired HR Manager who co-own a condominium but staying in this HDB as they have rented the condo out.
9 - 2 years back, Mr & Mrs L has been harassed by LS before as the HDB previous owner (Mr & Mrs L bought the unit 11 years ago) have not changed his ID address and has used it to get a loan from the LS, which caused much problem to MR & Mrs L BUT this case has been closed after many police reports and effort.

After reading all this and piecing them together, I can't help but having the feeling that this is a case of sabotage by Mrs X and her Ah Beng (Uncultured men) friends. While pissed and upset, we have to remedy the situation so there I was early in Sunday morning, awoken by a call from my great neighbor uncle G (Who's really like my dad or buddy) telling me that my unit was splashed with paint and having to clean the mess prior to attending a church service. We managed to clean the front gate nicely (Better than new) and the town council people helped us to repaint the wall. The only part that we couldn't clean is the floor as it is porous but the town council people says it can be done but will have to wait till it is fully dried-up... hmm, I wonder how? Oh, before you clean, take a photo first and better still if you wait till the police to come and if you haven't called the police yet, do call them.

As I was cleaning, I thought of what would glorify God in a situation like this (Part of the bible study that I am going through now). Getting upset wouldn't help the situation. Instead thanking God that at least I have a place that I could get upset about when someone splashed paint on it helps. Also, the fact that I was blessed with a better earning capability than Ms X or whoever that did this comforted me that He indeed gave me the provisions that I needed to live through it and stand.

Amen!

2 comments:

  1. shocked n sorry to hear tt but am relieved tt you n your family are safe. i do hope the police can do something about this. the new place sounds great, congratulations n well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in such cases, the police can't really do much but yes, thank God that everyone in the family are safe. Thanks, wanted a new place for quite sometime already.

    ReplyDelete