Chocolate and Peppermint has been a classic pairing for centuries so its a no brainer for coming up with this recipe when Young Living Singapore has released the Plus Peppermint Essential Oil to the public. I loved liquid chocolate but the problem is, I also have a sensitive throat that will bail on me whenever I eat "heaty" food especially one rich in Chocolate or melted butter. So with this recipe, the peppermint balanced out the heatiness from the chocolate and I have swap the melted butter with coconut cream and warm milk with milk. The end results is a delicious liquid chocolate that will not only not resulted in heatiness but also cut down on the fat level so that those calories counters can enjoy an indulgent and guiltless feast with this recipe!
250g semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 teaspoons of honey (or to preference)
100ml Coconut cream
Peppermint Plus essential oil
Suggested Fruits/Food for dipping:
How to use Essential Oil (EO) for cooking:
First and foremost, please check and ensure that the essential oils that you intend to use are safe for ingestion. I got mine from here, so I know that I could use them with a peace of mind.
I use Peppermint Essential Oil for this recipe. In order to use Essential Oil (EO) for this recipe, please adhere to the following:
- DO NOT use EO from unknown, unspecified and unverified sources (Can't stress this enough)
- DO NOT drip the EO directly on your dish
- DO NOT use EO on direct heat to avoid destroying the benefits of the EO
This is how you SHOULD do when using the EO for cooking this recipe. Pour some cooking oil into a small bowl, then add in(dilute) the Essential Oil so that you can add the EO evenly to the dish. By the way, dripping the EO directly on the dish will not cause you to die from EO overdose BUT it will definitely destroy your dish. No one likes a full mouthful of EO.
- Place the chocolate into a double boiler (ban-marie) and cook until the chocolate soften. Stir the chocolate to form smooth consistency.
- Add the Coconut cream and honey (sweetness to preference) into the chocolate and mix well.
- Add the soymilk slowly into the chocolate mixture while whisking to incorporate them together. Repeat till you reached the desired thickness.
- Stir 2 drops of Peppermint Plus EO directly into the mixture.
- Remove from the double boiler and pour the chocolate mixture into a fondue fountain or bowl and serve with your choice of cut fruits.
This is a FREE website and also my source of income to support my family. If you liked the recipes that I am posting and appreciate the effort I put into developing these recipes, you could help by using This Link to purchase your Essential Oils.
If you would like to consider using Essential Oils for cooking, you can get yours from here as this is where I got mine from. The reason for using this brand of Essential Oil is due to the reliable sources of their raw ingredients (own plantations) and the patented distillation technology employed by the company.
I also conduct workshops/classes for groups, so if you would like to engage my service please send me a direct email: email@example.com. You may also like to consider attending a dinner hosting at my humble abode (A group of 4-8) or engaging me to prepare a meal for a group of your friends at a designated place of your choice.
Last but not least, please note that I spend a considerable amount of my time and effort to develop this website, so if you would like to use any information or resources from my website, the least I could ask you to do is to give credit and provide a link for your readers to visit my page. Thanks in advance for your support.