Monday, March 29, 2010

Paris in 6 Days (Day 6)


26th Dec 2009

The itinerary for today will be the Les Invalides, shopping and KLKK (“Kia lai Kia Kee” meaning walking around aimlessly in Hokkien).

We made our way from the Champ Elysees to the Les Invalides and surprise surprise, we walked pass Gucci and my wife told me that she wanted to have a look inside and asked me to take some photos first as she will be out in a jiffy. Oh well, girls will be girls and there I was alone, taking photos and trying to make meaning out of my surrounding. I have to admit that it did squeeze the creative juice in me. I read somewhere (I believe it is Ken Rockwell’s blog) that says you will take great photos when your subjects are limited as that is the only time that you will really see and think hard before you press the shutter. I am not sure whether I have did exactly that or produced any great photos but here are some of the photos that I have taken during my lonely time out there.


Metro station

Small part of Champ Elysees


Metro station.. again


I am running out of subject...


I am kinda losing my patience already


My wife came out to me and showed me her palm. The next word that came out of her mouth was “Give me your credit card”… gulps, what now? She asked me to go into the shop and brought me to one of the counters. There laid a few designs of men’s wallet and she popped the question “Which one do you like?” Ahhh, so all this is to buy a gift for me. So sweet! I got myself my very first branded leather wallet that day. I liked it a lot and it is not the obvious fragrance of the leather wallet that gave me the gratification but the parfum of love that my wife has expressed through such gesture.

The rest of the day left me high on cloud nine and no words shall express it and so it shall be…
My very first branded wallet


Bicycle track.
This particular one says no cycling allowed.












The McDonalds here tastes different as the burger came with different sauce.


Fruits anyone?


Arch de Triomphe at night


**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment