Saturday, August 1, 2009

National Day Dinner Performance

Well, once in a while, the town council here in Serangoon would invite me to perform for some of their event and this time round, it is for the Singapore National Day!!! This event is truly huuuuuge as it is going to be attended by 2,000+ people from the Serangoon community and the ministers! Ms Lim Hwee Hwa was recently promoted to be a minister in the Prime Minister office so this event has grow from a medium size event to a huge event and yours truly would have to sing to all these people. It was truly scary and I was stressed throughout the week prior to this event. The organiser has requested for some tough songs and I am not so confident that I can make it but nevertheless, I told her that I will try and see what I can do.

The two songs she has requested are "朋友" (Friends) by 谭咏麟 (Alan Tham) and "祝福" (Blessings) by 张学友 (Jacky Cheung). Anyway, in the end, the songs grow to include additional two free choice english songs. I choose Boyzone's "No Matter What" and was thinking of taking the challenge of "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. To cut the story short, I only did two songs i.e. "No Matter What" and "朋友" (Friends) by 谭咏麟 (Alan Tham). Supposed to also sing "祝福" (Blessings) by 张学友 (Jacky Cheung) but due to time constraint, was cut short.

Included in this posting is a few video of my singing. Hope you .. err...enjoy.

**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment