Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alex ~♥~Rachel Wedding

18th Sept 2010

Alex and Rachel are a lovely couple that I got to know through my wife for quite sometime already. It is truly an honor to me that they would invite me to be their secondary photographer and not wanting to miss out the opportunity to shoot wedding event photos, I agreed. The problem is I have returned my brother in law's dSLR and now have nothing to shoot with. Thank God I could rent the gear from Rent-A-Camera. I got a Nikon D300 and Nikkor 35mm 1.8/f lens from them and couple it with a Nikkor 28-80mm 3.5-5.6/f lens (Left behind by my late brother) for the job. I know its not the best of lens but well, just have to make do with what I limited stuff I have. Although I do regret that I am not able to do a better job and wished that l knew more about wedding photography, it is with great pleasure to be able to be a part of Alex & Rachel's wedding team. As a result, I gained more experience and hopefully, would do a better job down the road.

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as me taking them. 





I find it interesting to have the teapot and marriage goodies
laid in front of the family photos to signify the birth of a new family
as well as a form of blessing to the newly wedded



All the surrounding except the Chinese character for "Happiness"
has been faded to B&W leaving the bright red of the character
to stand out. This is to signify the bride's cleaving from her
previous family of unit 12-362 and that this place is no longer the
refuge of the bride-to-be but instead, the new family that she will be
forming, going forward in happiness.



The shine seen from the bride's chest is actually the flashlight
of the primary photographer's horse shoe which I have accidentally
(good accident) included in my composition which sort of gave it
a really nice touch with the slight flare (on the bridemaid's right hand) to boot.



It has been tradition since God-knows-when that the bride's maids
were to torture ... I mean "test" the sincerity of the bridegroom
prior to giving their blessings to the lucky guy who would be
marrying their friend. Here's one of those sincerity token
which is really two pieces of Chicken-in-a-Biskit with raw
ginger and hot horseradish (Wasabi) paste sandwiched in between
with minced bird-eye's chili as condiment. Anyone hungry?


There are usually a minimum of 4 tests in a session and one
could not escape having to down all sorts of funny cocktail
to proof one's sincerity. One of the more famous "beverage"
is bitter gourd juice as seen below. It used to be the regular
bitter gourd but over the years, their evil minds have raised the
stake to use the extra bitter baby bitter gourd instead.
What have we done wrong?



Checklist provide great shots as they captured the plan (Both evil
and benign...more often evil) at work and will be a great photo
with a story that will most likely start a conversations on how
so and so got tortured and all.


Just as a cat waiting to pounce on its prey, the bride's maid
can be seen laying in ambush for the bridegroom and his band of brothers


Here comes our Hero




The color balance has been tweaked a little to give it a little
touch of oldness. It sort of gave the feeling that this photo
has been taken for quite some time and yet the newly wedded
are still as loving as ever


Reflections are always a good subject. Make sure you take
a little time out to look for areas to get reflective shots

Being the secondary photographer and
not being able to get the best position is natural
but that doesn't mean that you can't
take interesting shots. Be adventurous, you
may well be rewarded.




Thanks for reading!

**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. hey u can quit your day job now:D . i like tt you took the photos from a more personal angle. tt's what girls like, details such as flowers, shoes, part of a dress, a look here n a laugh there. great shots, esp when u aren't familiar with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment Terri! Quit my day job? That's still a long way to go but when the opportunity comes next time, why not? I'd love to do photography but l guess its more a passion than a butter and bread thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Johnathan,

    We did not even know that you have already uploaded the photos here.

    Many thanks again for your time and amazing photos!! The pleasure is ours to having you on this special day. We had been receiving lots of feedbacks on photos are wonderful & you managed to capture so much of us!

    Hugs!
    Alex & Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex & Rachel

    I'm glad that the both of you liked the photos. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the team. :-)

    May the Lord bless you two with a blissful marriage.

    ReplyDelete