Monday, June 1, 2009

Picnic in ECP

30th May 2009

Dana and I was planning for a BBQ on the East Coast Park on this date so that we could have a get together with friends and loved ones. The initial idea was to set up camp and have Barbies at the same time but I am reluctant to spent the $$$ to buy the tent, which may be costly and that being said, something we don't use as often. So it is really not worth the investment. I managed to convince Dana so we will just have BBQ. So off I go to book the BBQ Pit (You have to book the BBQ pit or get the permit for BYOPS in Singapore!) at the AXS machine at Toa Payoh Central. Oh the horror! It is school holiday period and it is not easy to locate any pit on any dates! It was full house! Dismayed, I called my with and told her that I could not booked a pit at all even changing location to Pasir Ris or Changi Park does not helped... So I quickly suggested "Why don't we just have a picnic?" (Eureka! I am a genius!).

On the 29th night, we went to NTUC Extra in Ang Mo Kio hub to get the ingredients we needed for the picnic i.e. bread, hams, greens, cheese and the likes. I especially enjoyed doing groceries. I love seeing the merchandise on display and the fact that all these are available within my grasp. These are also the little things that brought joy and colors to life. The total amount of the groceries came up to around S$60+ and I told one of the picnikers, Jeannie, that it will be a "subway" standard sandwich.

Ah~~ Good weather and good companions makes a perfect picnic outing! We had Jeannie and William, Brian & his furkids Do+Mo, Diana, my sister Ping, Dana & Bon Bon and myself. There are some minor miscommunication on the food part but overall it is good time of fellowship and relaxation. William remarked that he prefers sandwich over BBQ as he felt that it is healthier plus he can get to eat the stuffs faster HAHAHAH! Well, actually he is pretty conscious on his health as both his wife Jeannie and himself are fit people who participates actively in the Dragon boat sports.

I won't elaborate much on this posting, so let's just enjoy the photos! :)

Accidental Diana, Topless William and John the Assasin.

 
Let's see, how shall we start?

Danger man at work!

Spread some joy!

 
 

Thanks to y'all for a great get-together!

**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. DoDo got a small abrasion in between her paws! That beach is really not suitable for swimming. I got a cut under my feet as well. Too many junks on the beach. What a pity . . .

    Joining us the SGNorth BBQ in June? :) *Also @ ECP*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian: Poor Do~You got a cut? Poor you too. You guys still wanna go ECP? Ticks galore there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo.. those short-legged doggies are so cute!!

    u eat like tt all the time?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri: Ahhh~Finally a comment from you! Thanks for dropping by, its truly an honor. Those short legged doggies are daschunds (Hotdog)and they belonged to Brian (D0gl0v3r), my wife's cousin.

    Well, this is actually the first time we had picnic on the beach and heck, it beats having BBQ hands down. You should try it sometime ;)

    Just in case you thought I ate that whole sandwich by myself... err... no. :p

    ReplyDelete