Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chinese New Year

I should've guessed this! For those working in Singapore, most of you would understand what I meant when I say that getting a ticket back to your hometown be it in Peninsular or East Malaysia is truly a tough thing i.e. you would have to buy the tickets way earlier by 2-6mths time. What is worse are for people that lives in very "ulu" or rather unpopular places such as Kelantan and Terengganu, it will be even more difficult and the people really have to be super "kiasu" otherwise you won't be able to get a ticket back to your hometown. It is such a coincidence that yours truly is from Kemaman, Terengganu in the Peninsular Malaysia. To make matters worse, my wife's hometown is in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, which is also in the peninsular. Both of our town has only one direct bus to/from Singapore and if you can't get hold of it, too bad then.

Lately, thanks to AirAsia that there are cheap tickets and one have to beat the rest in the time game and book the ticket as early as Jun08, which I did. My itinerary is as such:

24th Take bus to Kemaman
28th Depart to Genting
30th Depart to Port Dickson
3rd Feb Board AirAsia to Singapore

The planning is sweet aye? Long long holiday! But there is just one small thing that is wrong with this planning. I ASSUMED that I would be able to get my annual leave approved. You've got it dudE! No prize for guessing right though. My superior sent out an e-mail on 28th August 2008 instructing all of us not to take leave from 5th Jan till 13th Feb 2009. Every Malaysian colleagues was totally caught by surprise. At least for those in Johor is still okay as travelling back to Singapore is not that big a deal but from Terengganu?!?!? So now I have to make plans to come back on the 27th January itself! Heck, it is as good as telling me, don't go back and celebrate CNY in your hometown! Man, I feel like throwing in my resignation letter now already, but then again if I do, it won't help as my company requires me to give a 2 months notice... SH*T! I'm so gonna resign right after April after I've got my bonus (If there's any at all, though I'm not counting on it).

Btw, who's gonna pay for the air-ticket money that I've spent? Yes, you've got it right again, yours truly! ARGRGHRHGRH~~!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment