Friday, January 23, 2009

Better than Nothing

Well, after the news that we (or "me") are not allowed to take leave during the CNY period, I voiced out to my superior's superior("SS", ironically it can also be read as asses since we have double "S"s, BUT my SS are not asses lar...) of my concern and distress. The reasons given to her for consideration are as follow:

1 - In Terengganu, transport are not abundant;
2 - I've already purchased my flight tickets;
3 - Its a once in a year thing; and more importantly
4 - If I couldn't get a ticket back to Singapore, there's really no point going back AT ALL!

Oh well, my voice and grievances were heard and my superior's superior call a meeting with the rest of the managers. After discussion and deliberation, they agreed to allow all of us to take a one day leave on the 28th. Good news but doesnt really help much... since it doesnt allow me to carry on my initial plan. Oh well, its still better than nothing. Managed to get a bus ticket back to Singapore on the 28th night itself from Kuantan, which is 65km approx from Kemaman.

Well, Kemaman, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment