Saturday, April 13, 2019

Seasonal Mulberries Garden Salad

Mulberries Garden Salad. Cooking with Essential Oil

When certain produce are in season, it should be a no brainer to buy them because they are not just bountiful and cheap, they are also of the best quality and you have tonnes to choose from! Its Mulberries season and the organic Mulberries and edible flowers in my MIL's garden is in abundance hence I have decided to assemble this simple Mulberries Garden salad. I usually choose at least 4 colors for my salad but for this, I will go with 7 - Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Black and White. For the dressing, I simply use a citrus vinaigratte infused with Lemon EO. The Lime flowers and Jasmine provides another dimension of pleasure through their sweet and tangy fragrance that will definitely wow your guest.


Salad Ingredients (Depends on seasonal produce of your preference but I use these)
Serves 2 - 3

Ingredients:
1 whole carrot
1 whole cucumber (seeded)
A handful of red and yellow cherry tomatoes
1 small red Onion
1 small red capsicum
2 ripe mango
Some Lime flowers and Jasmine
Ground black pepper (to preference)
Salt
Sugar
White wine vinegar or rice vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Essential Oil: Lemon

How to use Essential Oil (EO) for cooking:
First and foremost, please check and ensure that the essential oils that you intend to use are safe for ingestion. I got mine from here, so I know that I could use them with a peace of mind.

I use Lemon for my vinaigrette recipe. In order to use the EO in adequate portion, please adhere to the following: 
  1. DO NOT use EO from unknown, unspecified and unverified sources (Can't stress this enough)
  2. DO NOT drip the EO directly on your dish
  3. DO NOT use EO on direct heat to avoid destroying the benefits of the EO
This is how you SHOULD do when using the EO for cooking this recipe. Pour some EVOO into a small bowl, then mix (dilute) the Essential Oil into the EVOO so that you can add the EO evenly and safely to the dish. By the way, dripping the EO directly on the dish will not cause you to die from EO overdose BUT it will definitely destroy your dish. 

Vinaigrette recipe:
For this dish, I use ONE drop of LEMON Essential Oil diluted in 3 tablespoon of EVOO, juice from half a citrus, salt and pepper to taste. I serve the vinaigrette on the side so that guest(s) could use the dressing to their preference.

Direction:
  1. Dilute 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1 cup of white wine vinegar/rice vinegar. Set it aside.
  2. Peel and slice the red onion into thin rings and submerge them into the sugar/vinegar solution for short pickling. 
  3. Wash the cucumber and carrots. Use a peeler to peel the carrots and cucumber into thin strips/ribbons.
  4. Curl the strips/ribbons and pinch the bottom to lightly crack the structure so that the rose shape can hold its form. Assemble them on a plate.
  5. Wash the tomatoes. Cut the top and bottom part of the tomatoes off and slice them into 2-3 cylinder shape. 
  6. Slice the red capsicum, remove any seeds and cut them into medium sized cubes.
  7. Score and cut the mangoes. Mixed together with the red capsicum, spoon a little sugar vinegar solution from (1) and drizzle with a dash of Extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
  8. I usually do not wash the edible flowers but if you must, you can rinse them under cold water. NOTE: Do not let the flowers be wet for too long as it will cause them to be wilted.
  9. Wash/Soak the Mulberries with cold water and drain. 
  10. Assemble items 4 - 9 onto a plate. Serve with the dressing of your choice but for such a light salad, I go with Citrus vinaigrette infused with Lemon Essential Oil.
Mulberries Garden Salad with Essential Oil.

NOTE:

This is a FREE website and also my source of income to support my family. If you liked the recipes that I am posting and appreciate the effort I put into developing these recipes, you could help by using This Link to purchase your Essential Oils. 

If you would like to consider using Essential Oils for cooking, you can get yours from here as this is where I got mine from. The reason for using this brand of Essential Oil is due to the reliable sources of their raw ingredients (own plantations) and the patented distillation technology employed by the company.

I also conduct workshops/classes for groups, so if you would like to engage my service please send me a direct email: seage79@gmail.com. You may also like to consider engaging me to prepare a meal for you or for a group of your friends at a designated place of your choice or at my humble abode (A group of 4-8).

Please note that I spend a considerable amount of my time and effort to develop this website, so if you would like to use any information or resources from my website, the least I could ask you to do is to give credit and provide a link for your readers to visit my page. Thanks in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment