Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paris in 6 Days (Day 5)


25th Dec 2009
Christmas!

In Paris, most shops are closed during Christmas so its ironic that there is really nothing much on the street during this festive day. Thank God that Disneyland Paris is open and this makes a perfect place to spend our Christmas!


We are not too sure how to go to Disneyland and proceeded to the hotel lobby to ask for assistance and to our horror, the reception staff told us that the train to Disneyland is on strike! He mentioned that we could still go to the train station and try our luck. Otherwise, we could take a taxi from here to Disneyland or take a metro to somewhere nearer to Disneyland and then take a taxi from there. Either way would cost us quite a bomb, so we decided to try our luck at the train station.


Some kinda custard pastry we bought yesterday for our breakfast today.
Don't really know what its called though...

Another of those things we chow and yet not knowing what it is called.
My wife doesn't fancy the taste though, so its all mine muahaha!


This one has custards in it and the outer part is like eclairs,
so I guess this is a custard eclair :p



Well, the day didn’t really go as well as I hope. After waiting for approximately 30mins or so, I got restless and moody and when I became moody, I tend to act a little coo-coo. Then I realized that I didn’t bring my wife’s identification card to be presented at the entrance of Disneyland as I bought my tickets online… geez. So what now? Waste the train entrance ticket and head back to hotel to collect the ID card and then take a cab, in the process waste time and money? Or continue waiting and push our luck further and proceed to Disneyland to try whether they allow us to enter, which upon entry being denied wasting the whole day? I am at a total lost! What should I do? What is a good decision during this juncture? My mind went blank… For the next 15mins, nothing pops up in my mind. Heck, our bodies just go ahead and board the train that came next and push our luck. 


Took some shots at the hotel lobby


This is the hotel lobby's skylight!

Throughout the whole journey, we didn’t really talk much… I am totally flustered. However, my wife decided to start the ball rolling and comforted me and then things got better. Upon reaching the Disneyland station, my heart pounded harder and anxiety grew… “What’s going to happen next” I asked myself. I can’t imagine how and what will my reaction would be if entry were denied. I have not prepared for this at all… God help me! We acted normal and walked towards the entry turnstile. I genuinely paid for the tickets didn’t I? There was this young man of African descend guarding the entrance. I slip the online printout tickets to him. He looked at it and without a bat of an eyelid, pushed it back to me and signaled to me to enter! Hooray!!!

Disneyland Paris is huge and consisted of two parks i.e. The Studio park and the outdoor park. We realized that we couldn’t fully explore both parks in a day and thus just do the outdoor park although I did bought the tickets for access to both parks. Well, I wouldn’t narrate much what we did here except that it is all fun and oh, before I forgotten, don’t forget to take the Space shuttle roller coaster. It is definitely going to be an out-of-this-world experience of your entire life! At least my wife agreed with this statement… vomiting and all… hehehe. In fact she kept throwing up on her way back to Paris on the train.

Mickey and Minnie making their appearance for the ice skating show.


Mickey and Minnie joined by other familiar characters!


The color of the sunset in France is really different.
Someone once mentioned to me that sunset is sunset
and it doesn't matter where you are witnessing it... I begged to differ!


Its a small small world! This one in Paris seemed shorter compared
to the one in Hong Kong Disneyland.


Aloha!


Its a small small world but thank God that with you, its all I'll need


I reckon autumn in Europe (Or in this case, Paris)
will definitely be stunning!


This is not the ride that produces vomit and all.
This is just a skirmish-level Pirates of the Caribbean ride.


The iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle


I'll say, it really took great eyes to spot a perfect
location to have a couple shot without having
people walking pass your camera.


Another great spot. Too bad its past blue hour...


Once last photo. :)


**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment