Friday, November 27, 2009

Hong Kong in 6 Days (Day 5)

Day 05

We planned to a little further today. Our plan is Stanley! It is on the southern part of Hong Kong island and is famous for being the place where rich people stay and ironically the prison. To go to Stanley, you will have to take the mini bus from Causeway Bay.


Before we head to Stanley, we had breakfast in Wan Chai again as it is within walking distance from our lodging in JW Marriott. We had breakfast at a local eatery that was frequented by many white collar worker and the wisdom is, eat where the local eat and you will get good food at good price. This eatery is located 3 shops to the right from the Crocodile Outlet Stall as shown in the map below.



Awesome Wan Ton! Only at HK$16.


I missed this bowl of beef belly + brisket noodle.
Great bowl of goodness at only HK$18.


After we had our fill, off we go to Stanley. Apologies that I can't recall the bus number to take but I believe if you ask around, they would be able to tell you but remember to ask politely :).



For those of you that watch TVB series, you will find this pier very familiar.
It is the pier at Stanley and is often used for filming.


The view from the pier is awesome.
I could just sit here and enjoy the view the whole evening~



This is even more awesome~


You should alight at the round-a-bout in Stanley and here, you will find a supermarket and it is very complete. My wife and I bought plenty of stuffs here. such as sashimi, pork crackling, instant noodle and other stuffs to be enjoyed later. There is a maritime museum and a temple around here and as I have mentioned before, I am not a big fan of temple so nothing much mentioned here. The maritime museum doesn't have much to excite us.

There are plenty of eating place here so no worries about food... just worry about money. There is also the famous Stanley market that sells plenty of goods aka the 'Pasar Malam' (Night/flea market) style. Definitely worth the bus trip! Oh besides, the photo below is the toilet seat cover that I found in one of the toilets... I am kinda "Sua Ku" so decided to post these photos too :p.



**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment