Saturday, March 14, 2009

Irodori Japanese Restaurant

It is the time of the year for our department to have our annual department dinner and this time round we are having it at Irodori Japanese Restaurant. The restaurant is situated in River Valley or to be precise, the Riverview hotel. Japanese food is one of the food that I liked due to the way the japanese took pride in preparing their food by placing much emphasize on the colour and the taste (One short of the "wei" or fragrance fragrance of the chinese famous "se" "xiang" wei" combo) of the food. Of course, I will not be expecting such quality especially in a restaurant that serves it the Ala-carte buffet style. So usually the best bet is to go about food that cannot and MUST NOT go wrong ~ sashimi!

The setting is not much to rave abo
ut. For started, we were served with some raw salmon with some tangy dressing... guess my taste bud doesn't reveal the combination of the dressing. Also, they served us Hiyayako (Cold tofu), which is pretty refreshing.





After the starter, I proceeded to peek into their menu (Not impressed!) for some items that is on my list and yes, sashimi first, followed by soba then some teppanyaki. I order the Shake (Salmon), MAguro (Tuna) and Hamachi (Yellowtail) sashimi combo and they are pretty good.



The zaru soba was average. I also ordered the prawn roe sushi and the presentation is pretty impressive. The taste was surprisingly good with the fresh prawn roe coating the exterior of the sushi and the crispiness of the ebi tempura. To make it even more perfect, cucumber was also added to give the firm refreshing texture to the sushi. To add icing to the cake, the chef has added japanese mayonaise on top of the sushi. My verdict, 8 out of 10!

I ordered some unagi, beef roll with mushroom, tempura, temaki and more servings of sashimi. All in all, the restaurant still falls short of my expectation as I am looking forward to desserts to end the meal with but unfortunately, the dessert will require me to top up additional $$$, so what heck, I will give it a pass. The dinner will cost S$33.00++ for adult and S$20.00++ for children. UOB credit card holders are entitled to 15% off from their lunch bill and 10% off Ala-carte menu for dinner (Valid from now till 31 Dec 2009).


**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment