Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Scrambled Egg Toast

No Egg scrambled eggs recipe

Scrambled egg is a no-brainer recipe which anyone and everyone could make in their kitchen without breaking a sweat. But how do you make scrambled eggs that is creamy, delicious and without using any eggs?  That's right folks. This is a vegan scrambled eggs that uses NO EGGS! I whipped out this scrambled "eggs" and serve it on toast and finish with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and chopped spring onion. On hindsight, I will sprinkle some smoked paprika for kicks too. Read on for the "secret" recipe that will slowly but surely revolutionize (my bold prediction!) how vegans eat their scrambled eggs and causes a new trend of scrambled eggs photo/recipes that will flood Instagram. Remember that you saw it here first :)

Happy cooking, eating and eating well!

Ingredients 
1 cup of Silken tofu
1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoon of soy milk
1/4 teaspoon of tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon of rice flour
Ground black pepper
Dry garlic powder
Optional: Smoked paprika
Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Direction:
  1. Roughly crush the silken tofu with the back of a spoon.
    TIPS: If you process the tofu in the blender, it will turns out as a smooth paste instead of the scrambled egg texture.
  2. Heat up a pan. Add EVOO and the crushed tofu into the pan and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Season the tofu with a generous pinch of garlic powder. If avoiding garlic, can choose to opt this out.
  4. Mix the soy milk, tapioca flour and rice flour in a small bowl (I also add a little Dijon mustard sauce to the solution for uniform coloring). 
  5. Add the Dijon mustard sauce into the pan and incorporate them into the tofu to give that beautiful vibrant yellow. 
  6. Spoon the soy milk solution one tablespoon at a time and stir it into the tofu mixture. Avoid adding everything at one go to prevent lumpy finish. Stop adding any additional soy milk solution if the scramble becomes too dry/lumpy.
  7. Remove from pan and serve on toast (like I did). Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with your favorite toppings or serve with baked beans, avocado, potato hash, spinach and mushrooms for a big breakfast.
So have a look at the photo collage below showing the egg-less scrambled eggs and the real scrambled eggs for comparison. The real scrambled eggs has a more vibrant yellow (leaning towards slight orange). I have seen many using turmeric powder for the scrambled tofu recipe. I totally abhor that. It tastes awful! No, really! Use Dijon mustard sauce which also obtained its yellow color from turmeric but without the sharp earthy taste. Many times, others may opt to only have the form or the aesthetic look. For me, I strive to incorporate both form and substance for my recipes. The food has to not only look good, but must taste good! Try this recipe out and hashtag me so that I know how you did for this recipe!


Scrambled egg on toast
Will the real scrambled eggs please stand up!

NOTE:

This is a FREE website and also my source of income to support my family. If you liked the recipes that I am posting and appreciate the effort I put into developing these recipes, you could help by using This Link to purchase your Essential Oils. 

If you would like to consider using Essential Oils for cooking, you can get yours from here as this is where I got mine from. The reason for using this brand of Essential Oil is due to the reliable sources of their raw ingredients (own plantations) and the patented distillation technology employed by the company.

I also conduct workshops/classes for groups, so if you would like to engage my service please send me a direct email: seage79@gmail.com. You may also like to consider engaging me to prepare a meal for you or for a group of your friends at a designated place of your choice or at my humble abode (A group of 4-8).

Please note that I spend a considerable amount of my time and effort to develop this website, so if you would like to use any information or resources from my website, the least I could ask you to do is to give credit and provide a link for your readers to visit my page. Thanks in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment